In an instant, a major car accident can permanently change your life. Car accidents are the most common cause of personal injury, touching millions of lives in America. Through a car accident you will face the pain and debilitation of physical injury, car damage, property damage and in the worst cases, death of a loved one. Grappling with insurance companies to fairly compensate you can add stress to an already difficult situation.
Accident victims have looked to Johnson & Monteleone, LLP for years to protect their legal interests. Many car accident cases are far from simple or routine and require the expert assistance of a personal Injury lawyer. Our car accident attorneys are knowledgeable in traffic laws and have the resources to bring in professionals to investigate the accident, talk to witnesses, inspect the cars or trucks involved and examine the scene to discover all the facts. We not only work with experts to determine the cause of the car accident, but also handle negotiations with the opposing party and their respective insurance companies. If a case cannot be resolved through negotiation, we bring the case to trial.
The Most Severe Car Accidents Often Involve Trucks
Although only 3% of the vehicles on the road consist of large trucks, over 25% of multiple vehicle crashes that result in passenger deaths involve trucks, killing and injuring over 150,000 Americans a year. While the risk factor for death is higher for car occupants, 700 truck drivers also die each year in severe trucking accidents.
Truck crash fatality rates increase proportionately to the tonnage of the truck and cargo.
- Trucks weighing 80,000 pounds are more than twice as likely to be involved in a fatal crash than a truck weighing 50,000 pounds.
- A 100,000-pound truck travels 25% further after the driver steps on the brakes than will an 80,000-pound vehicle. And a 120,000-pound truck travels 50% further than an 80,000-pound vehic
- Heavier trucks have increased brake temperatures when traveling This may lead to total brake failure and runaway crashes.
- Heavier trucks have a higher center of gravity, and are more likely to roll
The National Safety board reports tremendous financial toll inflicted by trucking accidents as well:
- $217,000 average per large truck crash involving personal injury
- $3.54 million per truck crash involving a fatality
- Over $34 billion per year total cost resulting from truck crashes ($3,894,095 per hour)
Whatever type of accident you have been involved in, an experienced personal injury lawyer at Johnson & Monteleone, L.L.P., may be able to help. The insurance industry uses its wealth and power every day to deprive victims of fair settlements. Fighting for our clients’ rights, we frequently not only take large insurance companies to trial, but we also prevail. We lend our compassion and expertise to clients through this difficult time and bring them favor able results.
Please call our office at (208) 331-2100 to arrange a free, no obligation consultation regarding your car accident.